CAJETA "REAL DEL POTOSI" (GOAT MILK CARAMEL SPREAD) 350G
Cajeta 🤎 is a syrup original from a city called Guanajuato in Mexico elaborated mainly from goat´s 🐐milk and sugar that is cooked until a soft candy (like syrup) is formed. There are three varieties, quemada, with vanilla and with wine, but this one named “cajeta quemada” is the most traditional one.
It has a slightly sweet flavor with a thick consistence, but don´t worry because the squeezable bottle will help to spread it. It is very versatile as you can use it for 🥞, toast, cakes, desserts and also for making jellies.
Goat milk, sugar (sacarose & glucose), and sodium bicarbonate E500.
Chocolate Coffee Tart with Cajeta 🤎😋
🍫 280 g Flour
🍫 20 g Cacao Powder
🍫 10 g Sugar
🍫170 g Butter, cold and cubed
🍫 60 g Water, cold
🍫 Pinch of Salt
Ingredients (Coffee custard):
🍫 4 Eggs
🍫 500 ml Milk (I used Soy milk)
🍫 1 shot of Espresso (30ml)
🍫 5 g Instant Coffee Powder
🍫 30 g Brown Sugar
🍫 Cajeta @elmerkadito.si
👩🏻🍳 The dough:
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add in the butter and flatten the cubes of butter in the flour.
2. Add the cold water and toss the dough until it starts to stick together when pressed between your hands.
3. Let the dough chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour (best overnight).
4. Once you are ready to roll just put the dough on the counter for 15 minutes, so it’s not rock solid and is easier to roll.
5. Roll the dough out about 3-4mm thick and transfer into the (lightly buttered) pie pan. Par-bake the crust at 200°C for 20-25 min.
👩🏻🍳 The custard:
1. In the mean time, mix all of the custard ingredient (except for the milk) in a bowl and bring the milk to a boil in a separate pot. Slowly whisk the hot milk into the egg mixture, careful not to scramble the eggs.
2. Pour the mixture carefully into the pie crust, lower the temp to 170°C and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
3 Allow to cool slightly then pour over the cajeta and serve.
*the custard is not overly sweet because there is the sweet cajeta on top, but if you like, you can add more sugar to the custard mixture (anywhere from 30 -70g of sugar should be fine).